Inspiring people from all backgrounds into sustainable construction careers; reducing unemployment and tackling the industry skills shortage.
|We||Deliver Quality Training in Safe Environments|
|Can||Meet the Construction Skills Shortage|
There is a huge construction skills shortage in the UK and yet 25% of young Londoners are still unemployed:
- The 2015 summer budget highlighted how stimulating the UK construction and house building market will play a large part in Britain’s economic recovery.
- London needs to build 49,000 new homes each year to keep up with demand.
- Young people are still not being encouraged to enter apprenticeships or the construction industry during schooling.
- The construction apprenticeship curriculum is dated and out of alignment with the needs of the industry of today.
- Training is often delivered by tutors who have not been working within the sector for many years.
- The average age of a tradesman on site is now 45 years old.
- There is still close to 1 million young people out of education, training and employment; 25% of all young people in the capital.
- The cost to the economy of one of these young people is £165 000.
You can download a copy of our 2015-2016 Business Plan here.
Our new Building Lives Careerships have been designed by industry leaders to help tackle these issues.
Join our mailing list